Can your hear it? The people seem to be wanting something.......Wait,..... It's YOU.
Yes, this is your chance to show your talent, let your creativity bloom, and even see your application on millions of Nokia devices around the world.
Forum Nokia, Nokia’s global developer programme, challenges mobile and web application developers worldwide to submit best-in-class applications for use on Nokia devices.
The Calling All Innovators contest is open to anyone with bold ideas and tremendous talent. Whether you’re new to mobile or an experienced coder, you could win up great prizes along with new opportunities to grow your business.
- cash (The total cash and prizes for the 2009 Calling All Innovators contest are worth more than $250,000)
- the opportunity to demo your winning application at a Nokia specified event this Fall; and "Spotlight" placement featuring your winning application on Nokia's newly announced Ovi Store, where consumers will find the best mobile applications and content for their Nokia devices.
- Internet innovation – Calling on web developers to transform consumer-focused ideas into real applications on Nokia devices using technologies that include Nokia Web Runtime, XHTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, widgets and other standards-based web technologies.
- Flash – Challenging creative developers and designers to build compelling applications that expand the capabilities and user benefits of Flash Lite on Nokia S60 devices.
- Emerging Markets and Mobile Necessities – Urging developers to create innovative applications across mobile technology platforms – ranging from SMS through Series 40 and S60 device platforms. All applications will be considered, including those developed using Java, Python, or open source.
All entries must be submitted by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on 30 June 2009, so get started right away!
Here’s what you do to get started:
- Decide which category best fits your skills and interests, and then get the needed tools, documentation, and other support from Forum Nokia. It’s free to join, and when you become a member of Forum Nokia, you can make the most of Nokia's extensive development, testing, signing, go to market, and community resources.
- Create your application or widget -- or optimise your website -- for Nokia mobile devices.
- Submit your best work to the Calling All Innovators contest before the deadline at midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on 30 June 2009.
Continue Reading »